New technologies offer great opportunities for machines in agriculture and horticulture and for machines which are used for maintenance the public area. Through the development and application of electric drives, GPS, lasers, drones and image recognition, the accuracy and performance of machinery for agriculture and for maintenance in public areas can be improved a lot. By replacing diesel by electricity and using electrically driven and controlled tools, fuel costs can be significantly saved. In addition, environmental damage, noise and CO2 can be minimized.
Farmers, purchasers of agricultural products, public space administrators and also consumers demand higher performance and quality requirements. In addition to the listed hardware technical aspects, the keyword is transparency. Through data collection, successive workflows can be very well matched and there is always a clear understanding of the operations.
The goals and implementation steps of the project:
1. Development of electrical and precision applications on a lab scale and a small scale. Keywords: electric drive, servo drive / steering of equipment, drones, image recognition, lasers, GPS positioning, data collection.
2. Developing 5 innovative applications with respect to above-mentioned techniques for machines that are used in agriculture and public space
3. Testing of these machines on farms and horticulture companies and in public areas.
4. Conclusion and elaboration of possibilities in other machines
5. Inventory of opportunities in large scale applications, opportunities for SMEs in our region, cost savings, CO2 reduction, value chain in our region (better quality, higher production, dedication of self-produced energy).
The project is being implemented by 4 Dutch and German SMEs and a knowledge partner in 5 work packages.
1.9.2017 - 31.8.2021
Increase of cross-border innovation in the programme area
Machinefabriek Boessenkool B.V.
Fachhochschule Münster, ADLER Arbeitsmaschinen GmbH & Co. KG, VNK B.V., Mts Van der Veen
|MWIDE NRW||315.703,93 €|
|EFRE / EFRO||1.661.599,61 €|
|Ministerie van Economische Zaken en Klimaat||189.422,36 €|
|Provincie Drenthe||41.863,92 €|
|Machinefabriek Boessenkool B.V.||368.094,89 €|
|VNK B.V.||95.828,75 €|
|Fachhochschule Münster||267.950,44 €|
|Provincie Flevoland||42.093,86 €|
|Provincie Overijssel||42.323,80 €|
|Mts Van der Veen||131.905,00 €|
|ADLER Arbeitsmaschinen GmbH & Co. KG||166.412,65 €|